Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Is it possible to remain friends with your ex-wife or ex-husband?

I have often wished that my husband and his ex-wife could bury the hatchet and reclaim the friendship that they surely must have had at one point in their life.


It's not like I would like the two of them to meet for dinner or go to the movies together, I just wish they could communicate from a place of positivity (or even neutrality) as opposed to negativity.

It's obvious that if they could do that, my stepchildren would be happier and less confused, and our respective homes would be more harmonious and peaceful.

If two ex-married parents can communicate without the need to attack or defend or blame, the ability to come to a mutually acceptable agreement on ANY matter would make the world of a difference to every body involved - the parents themselves and their spouses and the children. What's not to like about that?

I wonder though if I am just wanting an impossible dream here.

Is it possible for two people who used to be married to remain friends?

I'm interested to hear if you think it is possible for ex-wives and ex-husbands to remain friends. Have you seen this work in the real world?

No comments:

Post a Comment